Airlines - Allegiant and Sun Country
Allegiant Airlines, a commercial airline, serves the St. Cloud Regional Airport with two destinations: Mesa, Arizona (all year) and Punta Gorda, Florida (seasonal).
Please check Allegiant’s website for the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 and how it may impact your travel plans. It’s a good practice to check the status of your flight before heading to the airport.
Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport - Mesa, Arizona:
Punta Gorda Airport (Fort Myers) - Punta Gorda, Florida: (seasonal)
Charters (Sun Country Airlines)
Sun Country is used for the popular charter package offered through Don Laughlin’s Riverside Resort and Casino. Those reservations need to be made with Riverside Resort directly.
Riverside announces flights from St. Cloud. The next one is:
St. Cloud to Laughlin, NV
Flight #8011 departs Friday, Dec. 11, 2020 at 8:35 am
Flight #8012 returns Monday, Dec. Dec. 14, 2020 at 2:05 pm
$389.00/pp round trip flight and lodging
Riverside Updates from Matt Laughlin
THE RIVERSIDE RESORT HOTEL & CASINO ANNOUNCES REOPENING DATE WITH EXTENSIVE PROPERTY-WIDE SAFETY MEASURES DESIGNED TO MAINTAIN A FUN AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT!
We continue our quest to physically space our casino floor with everyone’s favorite machines. We have taken a lot of your comments from a previous post into consideration, and I am happy to say we have added video poker machines to our non-smoking casino floor as well as kept as many “favorite machines” spaced apart and ready for your return.
Newly implemented protocols are outlined below.
- Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing approximately six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property. Six foot floor markers will be visible throughout the resort to help.
- In active restaurants, there are a reduced number of tables and physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing. Active restaurants include the 24-hour Riverview Restaurant, Sidewalk Café, Casino West Snack Bar, The Prime Rib Room on the River open for dinner reservations only, and a new sit-down casual eatery, BBQ on the River, located in the former Riverside Buffet area.
- The slot floor has also altered physical layouts to ensure distancing as well as rows with every other game shut down, following Nevada Gaming Control Board’s safety guidelines.
- Table games will limit the number of people allowed to play at any one time, at each game.
- Pools will be open with altered lounge chair layouts to help with physical distancing.
- Riverside Lanes will be open operating every other lane to help with physical distancing.
- Bingo Paradise will be open with 50% occupancy.
- USS Riverside boat tour along the Colorado River with 50% occupancy.
- AZ to NV water taxi shuttle service available with 50% occupancy per boat.
- Masks, or mouth and nose coverings, will be required for all employees who work in direct guest-service areas and, where applicable, gloves as well. Riverside Resort requires all guests wear a mask. Masks for our guests are available at the King of Clubs Player’s Club booth for convenience.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the resort.
- An additional Safety & Sanitation Crew has been hired to continually clean high touch areas throughout the property, including gaming areas, hotel areas, and more, 24/7.
OTHER ITEMS TO NOTE:
- All hotel guests will receive a personal-sized hand sanitizer bottle and two pre-packaged masks in their hotel room, per stay.
- The Riverside Resort employs EMT security staff on property for guest safety and will require hotel guests to complete a symptom self-evaluation upon check-in. If EMT’s are not on property for any reason, front desk staff or security will provide temperature screenings upon hotel check-in.
- Losers’ Lounge, Don’s Celebrity Theatre, Live Keno and Bowling Snack Bar will not be open right away.
- Valet Bellmen will meet guests at their vehicle.
- The valet area may still be utilized for drop-off/pickup with bellmen available for luggage service.
Our Casino Guest and Employee Safety Procedures is available on our Riverside Resort website at http://www.riversideresort.com/covid19/
* * * * * *
"Don Laughlin’s Riverside Resort Hotel & Casino will reopen to the public Thursday, June 4, 2020, at 8 a.m., with a full series of safety measures, solely focused on creating a safe environment for guests and employees while maintaining that Riverside Resort pre-pandemic hospitality and fun.
We continue our quest to physically space our casino floor with everyone’s favorite machines. We have taken a lot of your comments from a previous post into consideration, and I am happy to say we have added video poker machines to our non-smoking casino floor as well as kept as many “favorite machines” spaced apart and ready for your return."
"Per a new state of Nevada mandate, the Riverside Resort will be closing all casino bars tonight at 11:59 pm until further notice. Cocktail service will be available at machines only. Thank you for your understanding, and we will be keep you posted with all new changes. Casino Slot Management"
"The renovation is complete and we are excited to be reopening Riverside Cinemas this Friday, June 26th! We have fully renovated all six theaters including new carpet, LED floor lighting, plus brand new motorized recliners, each complete with a personal swivel table. We have also installed new carpet throughout lobby and concession area, plus added LED lighting to our lobby crown molding. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!" www.RiversideResort.com
As everyone probably knows, we reopened last Thursday, June 4, and although it’s only been one week, it seems like we’ve been open for months! It’s funny how your mind and body work sometimes. Muscle memory. But no matter how much planning and preparation you do, sometimes plans go a little sideways. Don’t get me wrong, we had a great reopening. We saw so many of our long time guests and friends, plus many new faces making us their first choice on a much needed vacation or getaway. But not everything went smooth. Physical distancing during queuing lines is complicated. Not having enough rooms available while we are renovating is difficult, and valet not being open was more challenging than I thought (so we received permission to reopen it).
But I really need to say this again – thank you for all your continued support. My grandfather and I appreciate everything and had a great time saying hello to so many of you on the casino floor this past week.
Now, how about the new BBQ on the River restaurant! Our Food & Beverage Director, Herve Allain, and his team did an amazing job thinking of BBQ at the last minute. Not having a buffet was discouraging, but Herve’s idea let us bring back more of our Riverside Team so I am proud of him for that, as well. Plus, my family and I eat there regularly now! I personally suggest the samplers, they have a little bit of everything and even enough to take home.
Our South Tower guest room and hallway renovation is looking amazing! We are currently applying our finishing touches on two floors (we need to finish decorating) and will have both floors released to our guests to enjoy next weekend! I have updated pictures posted for you. Keep in mind, we still have small details to finish so not necessarily final product, yet.
Looking forward to seeing everyone here in Laughlin this summer."
3/18/20 - Riverside Air Program Update from Matt Laughlin
“While there are no known positive cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our area, the safety and well-being of our loyal guests, surrounding communities and team members will always be our highest priority. Under CDC recommendations, so we may do our part to help slow the spreading of COVID-19, we are canceling all Riverside Resort flights until further notice.”
Laughlin/Bullhead International Airport
- Laughlin, Nevada and Bullhead City, Arizona
Don Laughlin’s Riverside Resort Hotel & Casino
The St. Cloud Regional Airport (STC) along with the Greater St. Cloud Development Corporation (GSDC) is continuing their efforts to bring additional air service carriers to the Airport. We regularly research different avenues of air transportation using STC. For more information on how you may be able to help, please contact the Greater St. Cloud Development Corporation at 320-259-0300.